While we're experts in kitchen and bathroom renovations, our team have a whole suite of skills that allow us to add features to your home that you will love. If you're interested in these services that we offer, be sure to tell us when you contact us for your free kitchen and/or bathroom consultation.
A glass splashback is a stylish and affordable solution for your home and we can organise the supply and fitting at a very reasonable price.
We choose to use suppliers who offer 6mm toughened glass for use in bathrooms and kitchens as it is good quality, extremely durable and comes with a 7 year warranty so you can rest assured they are made to last.
Installation of glass splash backs usually occurs once all the cabinets have been installed and electrical outlets identified. This ensures the seamless integration of the splash back into the space and can really become a beautiful feature addition.
Q. Why choose glass?
- We believe that with the right colour choice, glass simply will not date.
- Glass always looks brand new and will never fall apart.
- It also provides a low maintenance option over the coming years - you never have to worry about grout discoloration and falling tiles.
- You can easily achieve a sleek, seamless and timeless effect for years to come.
- If you love the look of stainless steel but don't want the hassle of cleaning it, then glass is for you.
- There are endless colour options and finishes such as metallic or flat, so you can mimic many effects.
- Glass is a simple way to improve the look and value of your home.
Q. On which surfaces can glass be installed?Our glass panels can be installed on any structurally sound surface. They may even be installed directly over existing tiles as long as the tiles are well intact with the wall or surface they adhere to. Once the painted glass has been professionally installed over any existing substrate or backing, this will not be seen, you cannot see through the painted glass.
Q. Is glass expensive?Glass costs more than tiles per square meter because of the toughening process, quality of paint, and the water jet machine cutting that goes into producing glass panels. Since we strive to keep our prices low, it is certainly worth getting a quote from us to see how we compare to the alternatives, keeping in mind that glass will increase the value of your home. Glass splashbacks are a good investment because of their longevity.
Q. Why use toughened glass?
- Toughened Glass is up to 5 times the strength of standard glass and can withstand a much higher heat rating.
- Toughened glass has been baked under extreme heat then cooled, a process that causes the outer surface to compress while the centre of the glass remains in tension.
- It is this compression that strengthens the panel up to 5 times its normal state. The panel becomes extremely resistant to breakage.
- Other benefits of toughened glass are that it now can withstand far greater temperatures than normal glass.
- As well as this it also is safer to use.
- When Toughened glass is broken, the pieces that remain are small and relatively harmless. This is unlike typical glass that can break into large razor sharp shards that increase the risk of serious injury.
- Our toughened glass comes with a 7 year guarantee.
Q. How do I keep the glass clean? The Trade Secret
The wonderful thing about glass paneling is that it is very easy to clean and it will always look brand new if you keep it clean! The cheapest and best way to keep your glass clean is to use methylated spirits or Denatured alcohol. This is because alcohol evaporates very quickly, preventing any residue. Residue usually appears in products which contain oil or cleaners that are diluted with water.
To clean your splashback with methylated spirits, we recommend that you pour the liquid into a spray bottle, spray the area to be cleaned and rub the area in a circular motion with a CLEAN RAG. You can of course use any commercial glass cleaning product as well, if you can't stand the smell of methylated spirits, but avoid using an oil based cleaning product.
Q. What is the turnaround time?From the time the order is placed to the time of installation it is most commonly within two weeks, generally earlier.
Mirrors in your home can change a space significantly. By installing a mirrored splashback in your kitchen or a mirror in the bathroom you can give the illusion of extra space in the room. We can help you with all types of mirror installations and Matt is happy to provide you with advice to ensure you get the right mirror for your needs.
There are many types of shower screens available to compliment the look of every bathroom, you are truly spoilt for choice. From various door types (such as pivoting, sliding, swinging or fixed panel) to frame types (such as fully framed, semi-frameless, frameless), shower screens can change the look of your bathroom easily.
We understand it can be confusing and sometimes it is great to ask an expert for advice that relates to your bathroom specifically, not just one in a showroom. This is where we can help. With a wealth of experience in bathroom renovations Matt can help your make an informed decision.
You can find out more about your shower screen options in this article we wrote for our blog.
Wardrobes and Timber Floors
For your wardrobe design, we can work with you to discuss options for maximising space and storage, and ensure that the design will be perfectly suited to your needs. When it comes to timber flooring, we have the ability to install floating or hard wood timber flooring which can give your home a seamless look and feel and create a beautiful flow and coherency between rooms.Visit our design gallery to view our recent wardrobe and timber floor projects.